The St. Mary’s University School of Law GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Council was founded in 2015. The GOLD Council’s purpose is to help St. Mary’s provide meaningful young alumni events and outreach to help recent graduates remain connected. The GOLD Council seeks to better serve and support recent graduates with specifically targeted events, programs, and communications.
GOLD Council members:
- Jenna Malsbary (J.D. ’12), Chair
- Nadeen Abou-Hossa (J.D. ’20)
- Anietie Akpan (J.D. ’13)
- Pearl Cruz (J.D. ’20)
- Aisha Denis (J.D. ’20)
- Eric Michael Garza (J.D. 16)
- Nick Guinn (J.D. ’13)
- Naomi Howard (J.D. ’14)
- Danica McKinney (J.D. ’19)
* Council members are not eligible for the 10 Under 10 Luncheon
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Graduated in the past 10 years
- Promote the social, professional, philanthropic, and service interests of young alumni
- Attend at least two of three meetings in San Antonio, Texas
- Regularly attend young alumni and other School of Law related events
- Financially support the School of Law at a personally appropriate level
- Actively participate in young alumni programs and initiatives
- Work to increase young alumni engagement
- Review and select nominees for 10 Under 10 luncheon*
- Assist with planning and coordinating young alumni events
- Recruit new members to the Council
- Serve as link between School of Law administration and young alumni
If you are interested in joining the GOLD Council, please submit an application to the School of Law Advancement Office. Council members serve one-year terms but are eligible for re-appointment upon expiration of their term. Those members who have submitted an application and have fulfilled the roles and responsibilities will be invited to serve additional terms. All applications are reviewed and nominations made by the School of Law Advancement Office.
Application for GOLD CouncilIf you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 210-436-3774.
Apply for GOLD Council
10 Under 10 Luncheon
Every year, the St. Mary’s University School of Law Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Council honors ten outstanding alumni who have graduated within the past ten years at its annual 10 Under 10 luncheon. This year, the GOLD Council will honor those who graduated between 2011 to 2020. Recipients are those who have shown an extraordinary commitment to the St. Mary’s School of Law, their community, and the profession. The luncheon will be held during the summer of 2021.